It is always cheaper to maintain than it is to repair. Maintenance is one the main variable cost of property ownership, and when done wrong it can cost you BIG TIME.
So that being said, how does Sleep Sound save money by doing maintenance right?
- Controlled response time & quality
- Lower Maintenance Costs
- Unofficial Walkthroughs
- Trusted Vendors
- Owner Portals
The Sleep Sound Difference
"With Sleep Sound's IN-House Team, You Win Big"
Controlled response time.
Many companies have to go through loops and communication gaps dealing with third party vendors. Sleep Sound makes it our goal to respond to maintenance requests in two days or less.
Controlled response quality.
We believe in doing it right the first time. Technicians who know your property ensure that we can minimize repair time by identifying problem faster meaning lower labor costs for owners
Consistent Service mean Consistent Tenants. Sleep Sound Technicians are professionals not just in maintenance but also in resident interaction.
Sleep Sound will warranty any work done by our technicians for One Year. This allows you to say goodbye to double repairs or half fixes that raise your maintenance costs.
Lower Maintenance Costs
Maintenance costs are expensive and rising, in Portland you can find technicians anywhere from $65-$100/hr. Sleep Sound charges our owners a rate lower than other property management companies This means direct savings for you!
Because our maintenance team is in-house, if a maintenance tech sees a lease violation on a repair call we can get on it immediately!
Absolute Transparency. Check on the status, cost, or description of any work order, any time. Enjoy portal access anywhere with internet.
Many of our competitors incentivize maintenance by charging you a percentage maintenance coordination fee. For larger jobs Sleep Sound will not upcharge you at all on maintenance cost.
- Trusted Vendors
- In our decade of experience Sleep Sound has built relationships with some of the most trustworthy and consistent vendors in Portland. Since we do not upcharge on any maintenance,you pay what we pay. Ask about our preferred vendor lists!
- Vendor Training
- We set expectations with Vendors before having them work for you. Requiring vendors to take pictures for proof of work makes sure we can hold the accountable.
- Multiple Bids
- As the costs of a job rises we will provide you with multiple bids to get the work done. You are welcome to go find your own bids but for a small fee we will provide extra bids for ANY job.
- Checking In
- While we won't call you for every little repair, we make sure to get your approval for all repairs above $500. This makes sure you have a voice in important.
- Trusted Vendors
So What Does an Average Repair Look Like?
- Using the most modern management software residents send out a work order request that goes directly from them to a property manager, from there they send this to the maintenance tech putting them in contact with the resident.
- The resident helps the maintenance tech identify the problem before they got to the property. The Maintenance Tech will help the renter troubleshoot the problem to see if the resident can fix it themselves. If they can then you have just saved money on an entire visit!
- If the resident cannot fix the issue then the maintenance tech establishes whether this problem was caused by use or abuse. Old garbage disposal at the end up its lifetime? You might be paying for repair. Broken Garbage disposal with a knife or other foreign objects in it? Tenant will have to pay.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. At what point will you notify me about repairs?
A. If the cost of the the repairs is less than $500 dollars but over $250, we will send you an email of what we did and what it cost directly after the repair. If the repair is under $250 we will just do the repair, you can still check the work order through your owner portal which allows you to see exactly how fast we are responding as well as where it is coming from.
Q. Do I need to do repairs?
A. Yes is the short answer. For starters Oregon has legal habitability standards for homes that cover everything from door locks to waterproofing. Additionally, supply is growing in the Portland market and while it is still strong, tenants are not going to stay in a home that is not maintained. You will be facing higher turnover, careless tenants, lower rent, longer vacancy, and possible legal action just to name a few.
Q. At what point do I get additional free bids?
A. Once a project exceeds $750 Sleep Sound will provide you with 2 bids. Once a project exceeds $1500 Sleep Sound will provide you with 3 bids. After that you are welcome to provide your own bids or have us gather additional bids at a price of $50/per.
Q. What does Maintenance Coordination mean?
A. Maintenance Coordination simply means we will coordinate anything that falls under maintaining the existing home (ie,. Replacing or fixing a broken dishwasher). If you want Sleep Sound to coordinate something like an addition or renovation we would charge an additional fee. For projects that fall under this scope we charge 10% of the total project cost. Ie,. If you want us to coordinate a kitchen remodel that costs $15,000 Sleep Sound would charge $1,500 to do so.