Changing property Managers
Sometimes your current property manager isn’t a good fit. Maybe they can’t deliver the service they promised
or maybe your personalities and communication style are not a match. For whatever reason you
are looking to change property management companies here are some important things to keep in
WHY YOU SHOULD CHANGE
- You cannot trust them to do what they say there are going to.
- Excuses about why your rent is not being paid to you each month.
- Poor or no transparency on income and expenses.
- Rude and unprofessional conduct.
- Failing to enforce policies with your resident.
- You’re not happy.
WHAT YOU SHOULD EXPECT WHEN YOU CHANGE
Expenses for maintenance and repairs (if previously legitimate) won’t go down. Homes are like cars and
need both maintenance and repair.
Resident compliance with the lease won’t change right away. Ultimately your resident is an adult and
responsible for their own actions. The Manager can try to influence how they behave,
but can’t always change it. Be prepared for your new manager to terminate the poor
The new manager doesn’t always know the history of the property or previous repairs.